After building the four module relay to control mains electricity I put together a basic web interface to toggle all six relays.
Here’s a photo of the current state of the development board.
What’s left to do?
- Re-solder the temperature and UV sensors male jumper straps - connect once again to the Pi.
- Mylar tape the sensors into place, patch a hole in the back left corner.
- Configure i2c Chirp soil humidity sensor (once it arrives from Lithuania)
- Mount the water pump along the back wall.
- Find some kind of plastic sump / reservoir that wont be affected by light nor contaminate the water.
- Position the watering nozzle so it doesn’t spray everywhere and possibly electrocute someone or flood my place.
- Fix the controller board along the back of the unit so it’s out of sight.